Join our 1st Responders
The Town of Sheboygan Falls Fire Department is always looking for individuals to be First Responders, make a difference in your community and become a First Responder with the Town of Sheboygan Falls, if you are interested please contact us at 467-4876 or e-mail us
The Town of Sheboygan Falls Fire Department History
On November 14, 1953 as authorized by a special town meeting, the Town of Sheboygan Falls Fire Department was formed. In the spring of 1954 the first officers were selected. The first fire truck used was a 1941 Ford 500 G.P.M. pumper with a 600 gallon steel tank.
The fire truck was purchased in 1954 from the Plymouth Fire Department for $2,650. The fire truck was housed in the barn at the Richardson Brothers Furniture Factory on CTH. PP west of Sheboygan Falls, training drills were held at the factory until 1963 when the present fire station located on Hwy. C & CTH. TT west of Sheboygan Falls was built.
On June 1st , 1955 the first election of officers was held. They were Les Kuplic (chief), Ed Ziegelbauer (1st assistant chief), Robert Akright (2nd assistant chief), Arno Mohnsan (captain), Adrian VanderKuyl (lieutenant), Ted Mannchen (secretary), Don Retzlaff (treasurer).
In 1963 a three stall fire house was built adjoining the Town Hall at C & TT, this is still the current location of the fire house.
There are currently 40 active members on the Department including Fire, Rescue & First Responders. The Town of Sheboygan Falls Fire Department also operates Mutual Aid with several other departments in neighboring towns & cities.
Mutual aid plays a very important part in the departments firefighting & E.M.S operations, some of these Departments include The City of Sheboygan Falls, The City of Plymouth, The Town of Plymouth, Johnsonville Fire Department, Howard's Grove Fire Department and many others.
1953- Fire Department was formed, first chief Les Kuplic
1954 - First Fire Truck purchased from the Town of Plymouth Fire Department for $2650.00
1955- First election of officers held
1957- Bob Kohlhagen elected chief
1963- Three stall fire house built at the corner of the old Hwy. 23 & TT
1971- 2200 Gallon Tanker purchased
1978- County goes to new fire notification system
1981- Marvin TerMaat elected chief
1982- First Jaws unit purchased
1987- Engine 4 purchased
1993- Bob Kroeplien elected as chief
1996- First Responder unit started
1997- New Rescue engine purchased
2000- Thermal imaging camera purchased
New Engine 4 purchased
2010 - 6 X 6 ATV unit purchased with equipment trailer
2010 - Chief Bob Kroeplien named Statewide Fire Chief of the Year